作者 主题: 【Market Panic】P72 EVO开卷小故事  (阅读 7288 次)

副标题:

离线 ywllylrs

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 11
  • 苹果币: 0
【Market Panic】P72 EVO开卷小故事
« 于: 2020-02-09, 周日 10:13:08 »
走过一排排小隔间时,Vice为容纳于这间小小的办公室里泛人类的种类感到惊讶。一个有着蓝皮肤,四只手臂,浑身一股浓重咖喱味的人类正在飞快地用两只手打字,同时第三只手在一片薄薄的电子纸上划出各种手势,还有一只则正操纵着某些Vice看不到的虚拟影像。下一个隔间里是一个女性兽人,但是比起她的猿类祖先,现在她更像是某种猫科动物。以至于她跟AR互动时的样子就像是一只猫在玩弄某个看不见的悬挂玩具。Vice不确定她这种改变是外观上的还是基因层面的,虽然他有办法确认,但是他不觉得有这个必要。在这里,这种事情无关紧要。
而这也是为什么他会在这里的关键原因之一:跟着一个他只知道应该称呼为约翰逊先生的男人,穿过一间位于兰顿的天演企业设施去他办公室详细讨论关于天演跟V的未来雇佣问题。虽然在大楼里路过的人会用Andy,Ando,或者Anderson先生来称呼他——取决于这些人的熟悉程度或专业地位。这里离多年前Klaus在Redmond发现他的贫民窟很远很远,但是自那以来,很多事情都已经改变了。
随便他叫什么先生的办公室就在拐角处,但是入口和窗户都是圆形的,跟在建筑物外部看到的一样。一进入办公室,他的新老板就在桌子后面的一张椅子上坐下,而门也在Vice身后关上了。

剧透 -   :
Walking past the rows of cubicles, Vice marveled at the variations of metahumanity contained in this one small office. A four-armed, blue-skinned human who smelled strongly of curry was rapidly typing with two hands, while the third hand cycled images across a sheet of e-paper and the fourth manipulated something virtual that Vice couldn’t see. One cubicle over was a female ork, or what once was an ork, now she looked more felis than robustus, so much so that her AR swatting looked like a cat playing with an invisible dangling toy. Vice wasn’t sure if her changes were cosmetic or genetic. He had a way to check but didn’t think it was important. It didn’t matter here.
That was one of the key reasons that he was where he was; walking through an Evo Corporation office in Renton, following a man who he had known only as Mr. Johnson, but others referred to as Andy, Ando, and Mr. Anderson as they passed through the building, depending on their level of familiarity, or professional position, on the way to his office to discuss the particulars of Vice’s future employment with Evo. It was a long way from the slums of Redmond where Klaus had found him all those years ago. But a lot of things had changed since then.
Mr. Whatever’s office was located in the corner, but both the entryway and the outer windows were rounded, just like the outside of the building. Once inside the office, the door slid closed behind Vice as his new boss took a seat behind the desk.
“请坐,Vice”他朝两张在他桌子前方的舒适椅子摆了摆手,彬彬有礼地说道。
“Thankssssss”Visc说道,他声音里轻轻地嘶嘶声源于他的泛型态,他平时会尝试隐藏,但是在这里他感觉能够舒服地做回自己。当他坐进那把大椅子,它的边,靠背和扶手都改变形状以适合他的体型。天演为它自己的公民,无论何种形态,都作了充足的准备。
“这是你所期望的吗?我是说这间办公室。”
“天演因其对多样性的接纳而闻名,而且这里的员工确实很多样化,但这只是数千间办公室中的一个。我将保留对我的期望是否得到满足的结论。现在,我看到了一个十分适合我的地方,但是我依然看到一个正常人类坐在拐角处的办公室里,而所有的其他泛人类形态则挤在小隔间里面工作。”
Vice看到桌子对面那个穿西装的男人把手放到脑袋后边,并整了整他及领子的头发,接着他将头前倾,维持这个姿势,直到整个假发被剥掉露出光秃秃的灰绿色头皮。 他把假发放在桌子上,继续从脸上揭下一层薄薄的纳米贴层。他接着脱下手套,露出一双带有灰色锯齿指甲的灰绿色的手。所有摆在桌面上的这些用来伪装的材料,都在被戏剧性的一一展示后收进了一个抽屉。
 “在我的这个位子上,我必须维持一种特定的形象。如你所见,我和其他人一样是多样性的一环。我厌恶我的伪装,但是我不能用现在这个样子去当约翰逊先生。我在自然状态下不会匿名隐藏自己。”
V想了一会儿,决定把自己的注意力集中在真正重要或者值得关注的那一小部分。
“那我该怎办么称呼你呢sssssss?”
“如果你允许我叫你Mikhail,我也很乐意让你叫我Andrew.”
“你叫我Milk,我就叫你Ando”
“棒极了。”
剧透 -   :
“Please, Vice, take a seat,” he offered politely as he waved a hand toward two large comfortable chairs in front of his desk.
“Thankssss,” Vice said. The slight hiss his voice took on was a consequence of his form that he normally tried to cover, but he felt comfortable being himself here. As
he sat in the large chair, the seat, sides, and back all adjusted to his size. Evo was full of features that adjusted to the forms of its citizens.
“Is it what you expected? The office, I mean.”
“Evo is well known for their acceptance of diversity, and you certainly have a diverse staff here, but this is one office among thousands. I’ll withhold judgment on the satisfaction of my expectations. For now, I see I have a place I’ll fit in. Though I still see the norm sitting in the corner office while all that variation does the work in the cubes.”
Vice watched as the suit behind the desk reached behind his head and pulled his collar-length hair upwards. His head leaned forward and the hair moved up further than it should have naturally. The motion kept going and separated the full-head hairpiece to reveal a bald greyish-green scalp. He set the hairpiece on the desk and continued his revelation by peeling away a thin layer of nanopaste from his face. He removed his gloves to reveal grey-green hands with jagged grey nails. The pieces of the disguise, each laid on the desk, were dramatically lifted and dropped into a drawer.
“I need to maintain a certain plainness in my position. As you can see, I am just as varied as the others. In truth, I detest my disguise, but there would be no point in calling myself Mr. Johnson and looking like this. There is no anonymity in my natural state.”
Vice thought for a moment and focused his response on the only part of the little demonstration that he felt truly mattered or needed addressing.
“Then how should I addressss you?”
“If you’d allow me to call you Mikhail, I’d happily let you call me Andrew.”
“You call me Mik, I’ll call you Ando.”
 “Perfect.”

离线 马非鱼

• 版主
  • 帖子数: 1179
  • 苹果币: 3
Re: 【Market Panic】P72 EVO开卷小故事
« 回帖 #1 于: 2020-02-11, 周二 10:46:30 »
这是群里的哪位朋友吗~ :em009

离线 ywllylrs