作者 主题: 【R&G】炸飞天章首故事,p170  (阅读 5917 次)

副标题: 举报(物理)理由:队友太菜

离线 失语

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 971
  • 苹果币: 2
【R&G】炸飞天章首故事,p170
« 于: 2019-09-18, 周三 11:25:30 »

<该死的,飞牌(Finesse),>他们在几分钟前撤离,爬过MCT无人机工厂的通风井,幻影(Phantom)通过通讯链给他的亲友发了条短信。<装药为什么没有爆!>

<不确定,老大,>年轻的精灵街头武士回答,<可能是电线松动了。也许电路出了故障。可能是无数不同的情况。除非我检查一下装药,否则无法判断。>

<四个分开的装药都失灵了?!>幻影怒道,<你他妈保证过你的炸药万无一失,但没有一枚爆炸?这种垃圾玩意儿能害死我们,搞砸我们的狂奔,毁了我们的信誉。我相信你不在乎我的团队的声誉。但我他妈在乎!>

两个暗影狂奔者默默地爬出通风井,进入漆黑的走廊,小心翼翼地穿过阴影。两人沿着原路返回工厂,避开了MCT夜间巡逻和其他安全措施,回到了被装药的无人机装配线。一旦两人确定他们的守望骇客将监控头的信号封闭起来,同时巡逻队正在大楼的其他地方巡逻,他们就开始重新检查这些装药。

“恩,”飞牌低声道,“雷管失灵了,老大。我更换一下。”

“必须用比这更好的材料,”幻影道,“而且,这装药的接线太马虎了,我能看到两个可能会发生故障的地方。还有这里,电线磨损了。你他妈的眼睛长哪里了?你很幸运,我还能有一个知识软件来接管这档子破事儿。”

将知识软件滑入技能插口,幻影亲自重装装药线路,几分钟后就修好了。“我不该做你的工作,菜鸟。”他低声咕哝着。愤怒甚至还没有开始描绘他对这位年轻狂奔者的感觉,以及他为得到这份工作所作的空洞承诺。

“三号装药上也有松动的电线,”飞牌说道,“现在一切都好了。它们准备好了。”

就在这时,幻影看到了精灵为修复最后的装药所做的一切。“等等,你他妈的用的是经济款电池?!”幻影喊道,再也抑制不住他声音里那冰冷的愤怒。“阿兹特兰制造?!他妈一年多没装药的电池组?!你完了。我没时间听你瞎逼逼!”

幻影起动了他的跳线反射,从枪套里拔出他那把消音手枪,毫不犹豫地把两颗子弹送入精灵的头骨。他重新把枪装回枪套,检查了一下飞牌的两个装药并设置完毕。他检查中发现精灵第二次成功地把它们弄对了——这项工作15分钟前就应该正确完成。在幻影看来,这对飞牌来说太短也太晚了。

“幻影,一切都还好吗?”他们的守望支援,骇客无机质的声音问道,“我看见你的枪触发了两次。我应该派其他队员去吗?”

“不需要,”幻影一边把尸体拖到附近一边回答,“飞牌对我胡说八道了一通,所以我结束了他的无能。”然后他从死去的狂奔者战术背心上拔下了通讯链,并把它装进了口袋,尸体上没有留下任何东西能把死去的狂奔者联系到他或他的队伍。

剧透 -   :
<Damn it, Finesse,> Phantom texted his chummer via commlink as they climbed through the ventilation shaft of the MCT drone factory they had evacuated only minutes ago. <Why didn’t your charges go off?>
<Not sure, boss,> replied the young elven street sam. <Might be a loose wire. Maybe the circuit failed. Could be a million different things. Can’t tell until I check the charges.>
<On four separate charges?!> Phantom fumed. <You fragging assured me you were good with explosives, and not a single one of them went off? That kind of crap risks our lives, screws up our run, and can trash our rep. I’m sure you don’t give a damn about my team’s reputation, but I do.>
Moving in silence out of the ventilation shaft and into a darkened hallway, the two shadowrunners cautiously slunk through the shadows. Retracing their original paths through the factory, the pair avoided the MCT night patrol and other security measures to arrive back at the drone assembly line, where the charges were placed. Once the two were certain their overwatch hacker had looped the security cameras feeds and the patrols were wandering other parts of the building, they began rechecking the charges.
“Yep,” Finesse whispered. “Detonator failed on this one, boss. I’m replacing it.”
“You gotta use better material than this,” Phantom replied. “And this charge has such sloppy wiring I can see two separate spots where it could’ve failed. And here, this wiring is frayed. How the fuck do you miss that? You’re lucky I’ve got a ’soft I can slot to fix this.”
Slipping a knowsoft into his skilljack, Phantom rewired the charge himself, fixing it in a few minutes’ time. “I shouldn’t have to be doing your job, noob,” he mumbled under his breath. Pissed did not even begin to describe what he felt for the young runner and the empty promises he’d made to score this job.
“There were also loose wires on charge number three,” said Finesse. “It’s all good now. They’re set.”
That was when Phantom saw what the elf had done to fix the last charge. “Wait, you fucking used Econovalue batteries?!” Phantom exclaimed, unable to contain the cold rage in his voice any longer. “Made in Aztlan?! Batteries over a year old with no fucking charge left in them?! You’re done. I have no time for your bullshit!”
Triggering his wired reflexes, Phantom pulled his silenced pistol from its holster and without hesitation put two bullets into the elf’s skull. He re-holstered his pistol and rechecked the two charges Finesse had worked on and claimed were set. On his inspection, he discovered the elf had managed to get them right the second time around—a job that should’ve been done correctly fifteen minutes ago. Too little and too late for Finesse, as far as Phantom was concerned.
“Phantom, is everything all right?” asked the disembodied voice of Cypher, their overwatch support. “I see your gun went off twice. Should I send the rest of the team?”
“No need,” Phantom replied as he dragged the body over to the nearest charge. “Finesse bullshitted me one too many times, so I put an end to his incompetence.” He then pulled the dead runner’s commlink from his tactical vest and pocketed it, leaving nothing on the body to tie the dead runner to him or his team.
« 上次编辑: 2019-09-18, 周三 11:27:43 由 失语 »